PLANNING A STAYCATION?
Shieldhill Castle has something for everyone. Stunning scenery, fresh vibrant countryside, tasty food and plentiful refreshments available for your every need. Experiencing a short break in this stunning location will make you fall in love with your local area all over again. So what are you waiting for? Start planning and discover one of the most beautiful and best staycation locations this summer, Join us at Shieldhill Castle.
Glamping in our Scandinavian Lodges : Fancy having a weekend outdoors but still want all your home comforts? Then glamping should be right up your street. Our stunning Scandinavian Lodges situated in our grounds are here to provide just that! These lodges provide the perfect balance between natural and luxury settings, with full access to all the castle facilities during your stay.
The Courtyard: The Courtyard rooms are the perfect retreat to get away from it all, suitable for large families with interlinking rooms to keep an eye on the little ones but still have your own space. Whether you are celebrating a big occasion or just fancy some time to relax and unwind, whilst staying in our courtyard in these peaceful surroundings offers you a sense of escape with the ones you love. Not only that our courtyard rooms are pet friendly. Enjoy relaxing walks around the castle grounds , beautiful walks in the surrounding countryside or take an energetic hike to nearby Tinto.
The Castle: There is no better feeling than being tucked up in bed in luxurious and cosy surroundings. If you’re planning a staycation and need somewhere to rest your head, a superb dining experience or a romantic getaway, then our castle rooms are perfect for you. The unique balance of classical boutique and 5-star luxury , Shieldhill Castle has a wide selection of rooms to choose from to suit all tastes and budgets.
Whilst you’re staying with us we would be delighted to help you with any plans for your stay. We would highly recommend a walk up Tinto Hill, a visit to the local market town of Biggar or the beautiful town of Peebles which is a short drive from Shieldhill. Below are a list of great locations and attractions to visit on your stay.
- Biggar and Upper Clydesdale Museum- 7 min (3.8 miles)via Shieldhill Rd and B7016
- Biggar Gasworks- 7 min (3.8 miles)via Shieldhill Rd and B7016
- Little Sparta – 17 min (8.7 miles)via Shieldhill Rd
- Bubbles Factory- 25 min (14.6 miles)via A721
- Five SisterS Zoo- 33 min (20.3 miles)via A70
- Hamilton Water Palace – 43 min (25.2 miles)via A721
- M & D’s Scotland’s Theme Park – 45 min (26.8 miles)via A721
- Discover Amazonia – 46 min (27.0 miles)via A721
- Summerlee- Museum of Scottish Industrial Life- 52 min (29.0 miles)via A721
- World of Wings Bride of Prey Center- 55 min (30.5 miles)via A73
- Tinto View- 2 hr 20 min (5.7 miles)via Shieldhill Rd
- Culter Fell- 2 hr 56 min (8.8 miles)via Birthwood Rd
The Castle can also accommodate a range of activities and caters for breakfast, afternoon teas, bar menu and a la carte dining options however please let us know if there is anything specific that you would like to do during your stay and we can arrange this for you.